Monday, January 16, 2017

2017 Reading Challenge

Like most teachers, I'm a big reader. It's common for me to read around 60 or so books a year. If I could, I would read all day! (Which, btw, I'm doing today!) This year I'm going to join our librarian, Steph Ellis, in her double 2017/2016 reading challenge. (Plus, I just logged myself into the GoodReads 2017 challenge, with my standard 60 books - I'll see if I can do better!) While we're both going to do 2016 and 2017, I will be encouraging my scholarship students to partake in the 2017 list, which I think will be great for their wide reading.

I've already got 2016 planned and covered, and I'll be posting my list here later! 2017 is going to be more of a challenge, but an enjoyable one that I'm looking forward to.

What will you be reading this year? How will you encourage your students to try reading material they may not have considered?

Big thank you to Steph for the inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment